Mint 17 and systemd in conflict?
jardakau
2014-10-10 08:03:19 UTC
Hi all,
two days ago I posted the enclosed on ??
http://forums.linuxmint.com/
So far I haven't seen any response. If anybody wants to comment I will
be gratefull.
Cheers,
Jerry

Encl:
Having a nicely working Mint 15 on my AMD64 Toshiba z935 (i5 intel,
256Gb SSD) I made a now regretted
decision to update to Mint 17. After two step "apt-get update ..." to
16 (more or less successful) and
17 we got, after login, a black screen with a working cursor. The
problem was not resolved so Mint 17 Mate
was installed from a installation DVD
(linuxmint-17-mate-64bit-v2.iso). The only thing
that works is ethernet connection by cable (eth0). The things that do
not work are many:
mounting external memory or optical drive through USB ports, sound,
wifi (no wlan0), webcam.
For example, the driver manager sees nothing, it wants the
installation disk or internet
connection - the first I can not mount and it does not recognize the
cable connection anyway.
Ilooked for errors in dmesg and syslog but did not find anything I
would understand. From looking
at web info I suspect there is a conflict with systemd (there are
references to it in /etc/mtab).
I hope there is some way to re-run that bit of the installation that
should notice the existing
hardware and to install the appropriate drivers rathet then to chase
each of them separately
- that is what I found searching the topics, rather than a global
action which appears to be
needed.
Help would be greatly appreciated!