Linux Opportunities in Adelaide
Ben Lewis
2014-09-04 16:33:21 UTC
Hi there,

I am an Aussie expat currently living in Canada (Calgary). I am a linux
geek, been working as a sys admin for the last 10 years or so, mainly in
large enterprise, currently oil and gas.

In the next couple of years we plan on moving back to Australia however the
outrageous cost of housing in Melbourne and Sydney has meant we need to
think of alternative places to live. I have been to Adelaide a number of
times and like the vibe of the place, I also noticed houses are
substantially cheaper :). My concern is though, what is the industry like
for Linux guys? Is there much demand for it? Would I be able to make a good
living?

Currently I live in a city that on the surface doesn't appear to have a lot
of linux work but once I got here and met others in the industry I found
there is actually a lot of work available, you just need to know the right
people. Is this the case in Adelaide? Any recommendations on people to
speak to or groups to join?

regards
--
Ben Lewis
Hi there,

Sorry if this is a double up email, I don't think I was subscribed properly
when I first sent this...

https://twitter.com/calgaryaussies