Simple Shop - Digital Goods
Piers Rowan
2014-08-26 09:35:45 UTC
Hi there,

What shopping systems do you recommend?

We use Paypal but I want more than just the buy button. I want to
confirm that a transaction has happened and report this to the CRM so
services can be provisioned.

I've played with Magento but that it probably too much for what we want
to achieve (/manage).

Any recommendations?

Cheers

David Lloyd
2014-08-26 09:44:21 UTC
WooCommerce is rumoured to be good.

I?ve worked with LemonStand v1 - it?s actually not that bad and well structured but v2 is a hosted only option.

Magento is good and not too hard to manage - but it has a high learning curve and the moment you get more than 50 or so simultaneous customers/browsers you?ll be wanting to find the standard ways to make it go faster.
Benno Lang
2014-08-26 13:24:57 UTC
Post by Piers Rowan
We use Paypal but I want more than just the buy button. I want to
confirm that a transaction has happened and report this to the CRM so
services can be provisioned.
You can use Paypal IPN to tell your site/system when a transaction has happened.

Cheers
benno
Andrea Matesi
2014-08-31 14:07:45 UTC
Hi Piers,

my colleague recommends:"*Ecwid is super simple to set up and use.
[..] **Otherwise
shopify or bigcommerce are good hosted systems.*".

Regards,
A. Matesi.

blog: http://www.pwrusr.com
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/andreamatesi